Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Slow Mornings

It never fails.

I turn off my alarm at 6:00 and get out of bed at 6:30. I rush around getting ready and leave the house at least 5 minutes later than I should.

The next morning...

I get up with my alarm at 6:00. I try to get ready as fast as possible, since I know I can do it with 30 less minutes. I leave the house 5-10 minutes later than I should.

There's a good chance I will never be a morning person, although I am much better each year that goes by, but why can I never be ready early? I do the exact same things every morning and I don't dawdle if I get up early since I know that used to be my problem. I try to take 5 minute showers (I literally count to sixty - and not slowly - five times), because otherwise I would just stand there under the water as I slowly woke up.

There are a few things I do the night before, and maybe a few more that I could, but I don't know how much that would actually help me in the mornings.

I'm actually a little better now that I have to get a baby ready also, since I know I can rush/skip a few things I do in the morning. But I can't do that with H's morning routine. He can't eat breakfast on the way to daycare yet. :)

Maybe I should try to be more specific with my goals, since I always say I want to be earlier in the mornings.

My Goal: I want to be able to get ready in the mornings, without running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and be SITTING at my desk at 7:30 each morning by September 30.

Maybe I'll even be a more pleasant person in the mornings. D (a morning person who gets up almost an hour after me, by the way) might appreciate that!

No comments: