Monday, October 6, 2008

Ummm...

Does this count?

I had a little bump in my no spending month.

We're planning for our deck next spring (or so), and have always talked about a hot tub since our last house. I think it is worthwhile considering the problems Doug has with his feet and legs, and we agreed on either a hot tub or a whirlpool tub. The tub would require major reconstruction as our bathroom is currently too small, no matter how we arranged it. So a hot tub it was.

We can only get the local radio station at work and my CD player has gone on the fritz, so I always have the radio (with all its annoying commercials) on for background noise. The other day Swap Shop came on, and I managed to overhear someone selling a six-person hot tub. I had Doug call, figuring it was worth shot. We scraped up some cash, offered lower than they were asking (still had to go up a bit), but we got it for a fraction of the price of a new one.

Maybe used hot tubs are sold more often than I think, but I'd rather come up with the money now than end up paying for a new one next spring/summer/fall because my husband is ready and doesn't want to wait for another used one to come up for sale. He could use some work on delayed gratification...

No comments: