Friday, December 5, 2008

Is it just me?

I think we should exchange names early next year, not just to allow more time for making gifts (see later paragraph), but to avoid shopping at this time of year. I've known who I need to get gifts for since October I think, but, you see, I need like a month to think about and brew any ideas I have first.

Today I picked up the boy from daycare and had a 2nd hand store I wanted to check for something. He hadn't taken a morning nap, and he was already asleep on the 3 minute ride to the store, so I did a drive by to see if they were open. It's a volunteer-run organization, so I wasn't sure they would be open over the noon hour.

Big Orange "Yes, we're Open!" sign hanging in the door.

I finagle the sleeping kid out of all the car seat straps wrapped around his bulky coat. (Do you see where this is going?)

Rush through the nipping wind to dash inside, only to find the knob locked.

Below the Big Orange Open Sign (that they didn't bother to turn to closed) is a small clock that says "Back around 1:00."

I hate shopping anyway.

Things like this make me irate. Well, maybe just irritated.

Now onto my "handmade" Christmas progress. Overall my intentions are good, but execution is becoming a problem due to lack of time and my complete inability to find at least 1-2 items for almost every project I had in mind.

One idea may not work unless I come up with another solution; another required a massive time and money investment that was not reasonable for a one-time project; and another would have been a lot less stressful if I had just bought the handmade item that inspired me.

So.

I'm not ready to say, "Bah humbug," but I sure thought this would have gone a lot smoother so far.

And to get me back in the Christmas mood, here's a nice twist on the traditional Christmas songs:

SNC - 12 Days

(Sorry, I don't know how to embed it in my blog.)

No comments: