Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life, Continued

Yesterday was the Big Day. After work I kept busy by running errands, getting groceries, and doing some food prep for the week. I thought I was fine, but by the time it was time for the meeting my stomach was turning and I had a tension headache that would not go away (not sure if I slept wrong or if it was nerves, but the muscles in my neck HURT).

Rob started the meeting off with some general thanks and appreciation, then drew out "and the new owners are..." and the guys piped up with "sitting right here" and looked at Doug and I. So yeah, try as hard as you want to but you can never keep the rumors away. In a way it was a good thing they had heard rumors so the announcement wasn't a shock, but it would have been nice if they had even hinted that they knew to relieve some of the pressure from us.

We've been having some meetings today to get the ball rolling for the transition so word will spread fast now. But it's official!

Doug and I will own the lumberyard as of April 1, and it will become Hubers Lumber and Home Center, Inc.

Crazy.

2 comments:

jill m said...

Yay! Congratulations! Very, very excited for you and Doug. And excited to see the new sign go up. Will that be up by April 1?

Jessica said...

Congratulations!! That's really amazing! We'll be praying for you guys as you take over the business! How exciting!!