Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why Real Moms Childproof Their Homes

Real moms don't childproof the house for the child's safety; real moms do it to save a tiny bit of energy for the end of the day.

We went with Doug's mom to visit his grandpa, along with the three nieces, and had a mini birthday party for him. We got there around 7:00 and only stayed for an hour, but it felt like 3 hours. It was a small room, lots of knick knacks and breakable stuff, so was constantly chasing him, distracting him, walking up and down the hallway with him, and by the time we got home I was ready to collapse. I think I could have run for an hour and been less tired (maybe a little more out of breath, though).

So I am thankful for doors I can close and the freedom to move everything out of his reach at home. :)

No comments: