Friday, April 17, 2009

Relaxation

I'm glad yesterday is over. The contractor lunch at the lumberyard wasn't tons of work, but I'm not cut out to be a party planner. Of course, if I was a party planner, I would have had more time to dedicate to thinking planning rather than just a few minutes here and there.

There wasn't a big turnout, so the contractors that came were well fed and we have over half of everything left. The meat is easy to freeze, and were were kind of planning on some extra to grill for the guys throughout the summer. The potato salad got divvied up and taken home since that won't keep long, and the chips are still in bags. But what to do with over 8 dozen each of brat buns and hamburger buns?

But I'm ready to relax.

Today is supposed to be nice, and I'm going to speed clean my house and make dessert for small group while the boy naps. I'll wake Henry up mid-afternoon so we can play outside and get really tired so he will go to bed a little early.

Next week is supposed to be sunny and in the 70s all week, so we are going to take it easy, help Doug get the deck finished (or at least make major progress), and enjoy taking in the sun and the fresh air and getting some exercise. I'm so ready for that!

No comments: