Thursday, April 23, 2009

Summer Food

My meal rotation has been working pretty good, a few kinks here and there (I had Beef Stroganoff and Shell Casserole in the same week, and they were pretty much the same thing, just that one was cooked in the crock pot).

But now that the weather's getting warmer, we need some lighter meals for more than one reason. Doug is back to eating more than one meal a day, which means he doesn't inhale the food at supper time. And I don't know why, but have either a casserole and vegetable, or a meat, side dish and vegetable is "going overboard" and tells me I don't need to do that much work. I just roll my eyes and tell him it's not that much work to steam some vegetables.

On to my point, though.

I'm looking for some good, light meals, and would love to hear your favorites. My husband's selective picky-ness rules out almost all of my favorites, which often include beans, tomato chunks, tuna, spinach...

Here's my favorite summer lunch:

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

2 c. cooked chicken, shredded
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. grapes (red or green), halved

Combine all ingredients and serve on bread or buns with lettuce.

What's yours?

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hey, I get my recipes from you! But I'll see what I can come up with.....