Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 Day Giving Challenge

Before I get into the main point of this post, I feel the need to point out that it is November 3 and as I drove up the driveway after work this morning, my first thought was, "The lawn should be mowed again."  It's long because of the new grass, but how is it still green?  Crazy.


I found this challenge about a month or so ago and planned on participating, but October flew by and November was here before I knew it.  I don't think I did anything on Monday, but I'll make up for it later.

I like the idea of a month of giving before the Christmas season, and it ties into the "advent calendar" I'm planning for December, so I'm excited to give a little more than I usually do. I may or may not post what I do each day, depending on how I feel about telling people what I did that day.

Yesterday I committed to a donation for Kaitlyn's Fund, a local organization that supports adoptive families. So I'll be making cookies for the next year. :) It's not the baking that held me back from committing until almost the last minute, but it's hard for me to commit to things like this.  In the back of my mind I think, "What if something comes up?"  or  "What if they don't like my cookies?"  Nonsense excuses.  So overcoming my fear of commitment is how I gave yesterday.

As far as family night, it was pretty tame this week.  We walked to a soup supper at a local church, then walked to another local church to cast our votes, with Henry riding on Dad's (tired) shoulders pretty much the whole way. 

Henry and I baked "Dad-sized" chocolate chip cookies, even though there was going to be pie at the soup supper.  They are delicious.  I'll try to post the recipe soon.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That's a really fun idea. I might have to give that a try with the boys next year.