Friday, May 27, 2011

Water Troubles

We had a little incident with water in our basement this week.

The good news?  Our major investment in landscaping last year is paying off, since we aren't having water come in from the endless rains this spring.

The bad news?  My washer has a major leak.

Thankfully I had put the load in shortly before Doug came home.  We were eating supper and I heard water running and went to the bathroom expecting to see the faucet left on part-way by a little boy.  Then I went to the basement door and opened it, and thought "Uh-oh" as I heard the sound of a waterfall.

It wasn't a terrible mess, and about half of the water was still in the base drawer of the washer, but still not a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll have a working machine sometime next week, otherwise back to the laundromat!

2 comments:

jill m said...

Oh no!!!! But your laundry room looks nice :)

Cindy said...

Thanks! Since it's the laundry room, I didn't feel the need to run my color choice past Doug. ;)