Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Party


This year's birthday party was a big change from last year.

Last year we couldn't even have it at our house!

Henry got to help me - I decorated the cake and he decorated a piece of wax paper.  If only the camera could have captured how hard he was working to squeeze out the icing, because his little arms would start shaking as he tried to squirt it out.
I can bake a cake just fine, but I'm not going to pretend I'm awesome at decorating.  I had lofty ideas, but common sense dominated and I am very thankful for the internet and contact paper so we could have our Dinosaur Train cake.
We squeezed all the cousins in at our wrap-around counter top.
And it's a little hard to see, but we had cool curly candles from aunt "Joni in Nicu-agua."

Thank you to our wonderful families who love to come celebrate with us!  (And those who celebrated with us even though you couldn't be there)

1 comment:

jill m said...

Dinosaur Train Cake???? Awesome!! So sad I missed the party. Looks like he had a fun time...and the cake looks great!